10 March 2012

Ric Rac and Handspun

Ok.....so I know you're all wondering if I have all of the sudden stopped knitting or spinning or doing anything craft/fibre related....ha...fat chance.  Here are a couple of new hanks of handspun and something so fun our of Berroco's Ric Rac. 
Now, I don't go for most novelty yarns, but this was just a little bit of fun I had to try out to believe.  Lots of great color and fun! 
The strip of ric rac starts out flat and you end up with a ruffled scarf, resembling the potato chip scarf.  Was just fun to watch it grow so quickly.

The first handspun is a BFL wool blue blended with a rayon multi-colored strand.  I think the result is pretty and bright without being over the top.

The second handspun is an grey alpaca and silk blended fibre which I plied with a white rayon.  I like the look and I know it will knit up beautifully.

1 comment:

Katherine Hall said...

Okay that ric rac creation is just lovely! So creative and delicate looking!