Ok....just some shots of some of the people. Our immediate group has banned me from posting photos of them....but they were actually there. What happens at Spin In, stays at Spin In.
31 January 2013
Ok....so once again, I made the pilgrimage to Destin, FL for the Spin In...and did I spin....yes...over a pound. The first photos are of Jan's batts spun....very fun and beautiful. These are slotted to go into my sampler wrap.
So, the sampler idea came from Phyllis, who was sporting her beautiful sampler and I just had to try my own. Basically, what I'm doing is knitting a simple wrap on the bias, which whatever stitch comes to mind....they key being that I'm using bits of handspun.....all different bits.
I decided it would be fun to spin both sport weight and bulky weight...two wraps on the horizon....I ended up with a third wrap...so three on the needles, three different weights, all different stitches and fibre....lovely.
The second set of photos is from the Spin In Challenge. This year was the 25th anniversary (only my second year), so Leslie (of our little group from Pensacola) gave us each a kit with 4 ounces of fibre in different colors to spin and craft at will.
20 January 2013
Ok...just some shots of newly spun yarn for my bias shawl, both think and thin versions. All of these fibres are from Daily Fibers and I'm amazed at hose different and beautiful the same colorway, from the same 4 ounces is when spun at a different thickness and ply.
09 January 2013
Ok....so I'm riding on a Downton Abbey high....anyone else? I love this show and Maggie Smith is out of this world. Favorite quote of the night from a flustered Dowager Countess to Lord Grantham, "Do you think I might have a drink? Oh, so sorry, I thought you were a waiter."
A few pictures from the holidays...visit to Crossroads Village in Genesee County, Michigan. Beautiful this time of year. Was cold but I was prepared and enjoyed walking through the snow.
02 January 2013
Ok....so I've been thinking about this a lot....and did start a mental list....you know, while you're in the shower..."I'd really like to do that" or while you're washing dishes, "I have to remember to see that" or while you're lying in bed trying to sleep...."I'd like to go there" or "I need see so and so"....you know, that random mental list. So I decided to put some of it out here...
1. I'd like this year to be the year that I begin to age gracefully. I've been waiting, but I'm sure this is the year.
2. I would like to actually use some of the yarn I have stashed. I look at it and can usually remember what I intended it for when purchased (see #1 - still have the memory most of the time), but somehow....all the new projects just get in the way.
3. I would like to put all my recipes in one place, seriously....ONE place.
4. I would like to read some of the books in my pile before buying a new one. (The new ones are just so shiny and seem so much better.)
5. I'd like to see my Mum more. I'd like to see all of my family more.
6. I'd like make the trek to water more often. While it is beautiful in Nashville, it's land-locked....very much land-locked. Enough........for those of you here, Percy Priest lake does not count.
7. Why am I still knitting socks for myself when I spend half of the winter wearing shoes barefooted? Why are socks like crack? Enough with the socks.
8. I would like to try some new wines....ok....that shouldn't be too difficult and it certainly isn't revolutionary for me.
9. I would like to squish my little man more frequently. A given. (He was a lamb in the Christmas Pageant...as in the pic above....serious squishing needed.)
10. I would like to stop making lists in my head at night instead of sleeping.
I hope you all have a happy new year....much happiness all around.