12 June 2013

Cashmere

Ok....quick picture of the featherweight cardigan that has been on my needles for a very long time.  Not exciting for me to knit stockinette stitch, but the yarn was lovely...until the end when it started just pulling apart.  Did not leave me with a comfortable feeling.  There are a lot of things I'm not happy with on this sweater...maybe the blocking with help some of it. 
The thought of taking it apart to make something else with this yarn has crossed my mind several times already this morning.

 
You may recognise the same pattern base in the alpaca coat I finished earlier this year.  http://olivemermaids.blogspot.com/2013/02/green-tweed-coat.html  I"m much happier with the coat.

3 comments:

Elle said...

It looks lovely though. Can't wait to see it on you.

impebbles2 said...

will you be making the knitting instructions available on your blog for your Green Tweed Coat ?

Christina said...

That pattern is the Featherweight Cardigan...highly modified. I made the sleeves and coat longer and added a ribbed cable border for the bottom, sleeves and collar. http://www.ravelry.com/patterns/library/featherweight-cardigan