17 November 2013

Afghan...one Block at a Time

Ok....so I have begun an afghan class that is a block a month.  I have been wanting to do this for a long time and am so excited to finally start.  I will be teaching the class and have a large group signed up at Haus of Yarn...first Thursday evening of the month.  I love the concept of just doing one block a month....doesn't seem as monumental a task...because knitting an afghan is monumental....  Side note...I'm currently working on 6 and 7 of 11.  I didn't intend to do 11 but there you have it...some actually for me.  But as the year passed, my need to afghan grew or was added to.  Since 3 of the 11 are for me....we'll see how that will go.

So, here is Block 1 for November 2013...

2 comments:

shilantra said...

That is really great, I like the block! So you're making 11 blocks each month?

captainhook said...

Congrats on the class--love the block pictured. I have been aiming to teach a similar class, and I agree, one block a month seems eminently doable!