19 May 2014

Chesca's in Edgartown

Ok.....so Chesca's is another restaurant I like to check out when on the island.  The food is good, the atmosphere is relaxed and fun and the staff is always friendly.

This was another lovely dinner with Katherine....both of us enjoying a little shopping in town first then slowing down to savor a lovely meal and a few moments of sisterhood.

My start was of course....yes....a dirty martini...yum.  We tried the house made gnocchi, hot Gorgonzola dip with pancetta and Maine shrimp and the Anjou pear salad.  Now the gnocchi is a new one for me and an absolute do over....the dip and salad, well those are favourites of ours.  

Whenever I'm here with my friends Kathleen and George...and Chesca's is open (many businesses close down after the summer season here and sometimes I miss it because I'm an off season kind of gal).....we have some of this dip.  So very good.

Kathy went with the grilled salmon in a Thai chili barbecue glaze while I had the spinach and roasted garlic tortolini for entrees. Both so good, but as usual....two apps and a salad equal take home food.  

Another lovely meal.

No comments: