10 December 2012

Island Food

Ok....it had to be done.  I'm always taking shots of food so I had to post a few.  One of the things I love about being in New England is all the fresh seafood and on the island, there is plenty to go around.  My favorite lobsta' roll can be found at The Net Result in Vineyard Haven.  I went with the Chowda' as well.  Although the best chowda' on the island is at the Galley in Menemsha...but closed for the season.  The weather was nice enough for a picnic of this treat.


In addition, the island has many farms, so shopping for fresh organic produce is a joy.  Most of the restaurants on the island cook seasonally and use local ingredients...I love this no matter where I am.  I love supporting local farms. 
And then there were the martinis....of all kinds... The bartender at Henry's (Harbor View Hotel in Edgartown) was amused by us. 
Finally, the neighbor across the street, Mr. Norton, always puts up a Charlie Brown tree in his workshop.  It stays lit day and night and is truly the beginning of the season.  Thank you Mr. Norton, enjoy the cranberry coffee cake.

No comments: