01 November 2010

Now Back to Our Regularly Scheduled Knitting

Ok....I know it's been all travel and photos...so what's been happening my knitting/fibre arts world...  I am still working on the linen stitch scarf with the crazy Zball yarn.  Love how it's coming out and it was a great travel project.  However, it's making me a little nuts...a lot of knitting does not go a long way...so it's taking more time than I thought.

I'm finishing up the shawlette in the other Zball yarn...I'm not sure what I think of this.  I've taken parts out twice now and still not sure it  makes me happy.  We'll see what this iteration brings.

I bought yarn on the trip.  I know this shocks most of you...but I did.  I tired to stay local and succeeded.  I bought handspun wool from Martha's Vineyard.  More from Woodstock, VT.  And beautiful alpaca (couldn't resist it) from VT.  Now, they're all talking to me.  They all want to know when they are going to be used and what they will be.  Although I have pretty good ideas of what most will be, the when is the problem...you know how it is with a stash.  I try not to have too much in stash, but here I go again.

I'm taking a weaving class at the Knaughty Knitter the 6th and so excited to finally start this phase.

The spinning is going well...have finished the first hank of green apple merino.

I am also working on a couple of things for hospice as usual.  Planning another delivery to Deb on Dec 8th or 9th.

So, I think that's it....I think.

No comments: