30 December 2011

Holidays and Family

Ok....so this holiday season I spent a few days in Canada with my family.....and....a little bit of snow.  I'm not sure if it's because I'm getting older, but with each year that passes, these trips and times together are more and more precious to me.  I visited with my loving and caring Teta Mary, my amazing Uncle Nick, my Mum and cousins and yes, of course my little man.  We had adventures, lights and laughter, peaceful morning coffees, socks and snow, paper runs and food....holy crap....the food. 
Kathy is a wonderful cook....and she out did herself for this yummy holiday....she did tell me how many pounds of butter were used, but I'm not revealing....eek.  And, egg salad....Teta Mary's egg salad.  Now, I have no idea what's different about this egg salad from any other, but it's the best in the world....ever.  And she made some for me.  Come to think of it, every time I go for a visit, she makes egg salad for me......aren't I a lucky girl.

When I'm away, I miss my family every day.....but I also know how fortunate I am to have a goofy, wonderful, caring group of people to call my own. 

To all of you...may the new year bring you close to those you already love and into circles of new people to share your life with.  Happy New Year!

3 comments:

Cydney said...

Love the gorgeous pictures. Happy New Year Friend!!

LeAnn said...

Happy New Year!

Katherine Hall said...

We love you and miss you so...thank you for the beautiful pics, wonderful words and the memories you help me to recall...amazing!